What kind of content do you accept?
At Bitly we empower businesses to create trusted, powerful, recognizable links that maximize the impact of every digital initiative. Our core audience includes social media and digital marketers, as well as customer support professionals. So, we’re big fans of content that provides a refreshing perspective and practical advice on topics that are relevant to our readers.
- We value our readers’ time, so we only accept original content. This includes any visuals that would accompany your article.
- We love brevity, but we don’t require a minimum length for submissions. Just say enough to explain your points in a helpful, clear way. There’s no need to add unnecessary padding. (But if you absolutely need a number, aim for 800-1200 words.)
- We like to write as though we’re talking to our friends—informal, friendly and conversational. We prefer guest posts to sound similar in tone.
Formatting Your Submission
- We like our blog posts to be easy to digest. Shorter paragraphs (2-4 sentences), bullet lists and good use of headings and subheads work wonders.
- We also enjoy proper spelling and grammar.
- Unattributed facts or quotes don’t fly with us. Please include links back to the original source.
- Please include a 2-4 sentence bio at the end of your article. If you’d like, you can add one link to your website, or your preferred social media handle. You will also need to include a headshot of yourself that is at least 500×500 pixels in JPG, TIFF or PNG.
How to Submit Your Post
- Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: “Article submission for the Bitly blog”. Please add the post to the body of the email and not as an attachment.
- That’s it! We’ll get back to you as soon as we’re able to, which could take up to two weeks.
- Please note: By submitting for the Bitly Blog, the author gives Bitly permission to publish the article on the Web and assigns to Bitly, without restriction, all worldwide rights, title, and interest in and to the submission. This includes, but is not limited to, the ability to edit, duplicate or reuse it in whole or in part as we choose. If an author chooses to subsequently republish their contributions to Bitly in another medium, publication or venue, we ask that reference to the initial publication within Bitly with full and complete acknowledgment of Bitly’s rights in the article be included.
If you have questions, please reach out! Otherwise, if you’re ready to submit a piece for consideration, send it our way. We look forward to hearing from you.